October 17, 2023
Spain’s Great Match 2023 Trade & Media Tasting | NYC
Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm ET
Location: Mercado Little SpainSpain's Great Match 2023 Trade & Media Tasting | NYC
Foods and Wines from Spain and #Alimentosdeespana are pleased to host Spain’s Great Match, the 29th Annual Event organized by the Trade Commission of Spain as Spanish flavors take center stage at one of the liveliest celebrations of Spanish wines, artisan spirits, and Spain’s rich gastronomy heritage on the east coast! Join us for an action-packed afternoon devoted to culinary & wine seminars and food-and-wine pairing challenges. Educationally rich programming is presented by a team of Master Sommeliers and culinary experts.
Spain’s Great Match events will be held at Mercado Little Spain– a veritable love letter to Spain, created by José Andrés and the Adrià brothers as an “all-day destination for the very best of Spanish food, drink, and culture.” Inspired by the food halls and markets of Spain, Mercado Little Spain is located at 10 Hudson Yards in New York City.
Wine Tastings and Culinary Workshop
Along the way, attendees can look forward to sampling 300+ new vintages from many of the country’s leading wineries alongside producer tastings of premium EVOO’s, mono-varietals and blends, a selection of cheeses and cured meats from Spain and more, at one of the country’s largest celebrations of Spain’s culture and gastronomy.
Walk-around food and wine tastings featuring delicacies including:
- A variety of Spanish jamón and cheese
- Albondigas– traditional Spanish meatballs
- Croquetas de jamón
- Tomato Gazpacho with Spanish sherry and EVOO
- Patatas Bravas– spicy Spanish potatoes
- Manchego & wild mushroom bikini sandwiches
- Wood-fired Paella
- Jamón Ibérico carving, and more…
- Walk-around wine and food tastings, including gastronomy-driven tapas, Jamón Iberico, cheese from Spain, and more
- Live cooking demos
- Chef and Master Sommelier-led culinary & wine seminars
- Master Sommelier and Master of Wine-led mini wine varietal flights
- “Discovery Zone” (producers seeking importers/distributors)
- Regional food sampling
- Food and wine pairing challenges
- Mixologist-led Artisan Cocktail Bar
Fittingly, the event will take place at José Andrés’ Mercado Little Spain at 10 Hudson Yards in New York City on Tuesday, October 17, from 12:00-4:00 pm with a public evening tasting to follow.