Rioja Sponsors Tripadvisor “Escape” to Spain | NYC & NJ
You don’t need to book a flight to feel like you’re in Spain — at least not in New York and New Jersey. These diverse east coast regions are packed with Spanish restaurants to satisfy your every paella craving.
Wines from Rioja is partnering with Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel guidance platform.
Rioja in a minute or less:
- The Rioja region is landlocked in North Central Spain and includes three sub-regions.
- Tempranillo, a red wine grape that’s indigenous to Spain, is the dominant grape in Rioja.
- Rioja wines are split into four classification levels: Genérico, Crianza, Reserva, and Gran Reserva.
- Wines from Rioja can be medium to full-bodied, with high tannins and rich flavors of dark berries, plum, tobacco, and herb.
Some Featured Hot Spots:
- Mercado Little Spain – Mercado Little Spain is an all-day dining destination for food lovers, an entire neighborhood of delicioso.
- Casa Enrique
- Boqueria – Featuring many wines from Rioja & hosting virtual Spanish cooking events and classes.